Washing Machine

2nd in the 'Summertime Fun 2013/2014' competition

This is it. The night. The night I do it. I’m hiding in the washing machine. Why? Because my babysitter, Tammy, specifically told me not to.
She didn’t say why. So I decided I would.
Suddenly someone opens the lid. The person chucked clothes in. Then I heard something that sounded like BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP! I didn’t know what it was but I was certain R2-D2 wasn’t in my house.
Nothing happened for a second. Then suddenly the whole world was spinning around in circles. Jets of water started squirting all around me. I held the edge of the machine but it didn’t stop. I saw something. My pocket rug, my faithful rug which I’ve had since I was four. I grabbed him and curled up to him. The water was up to my knees. Now my mouth. Now my hair!
I’m going to drown. None of the clothes seem to care. I can feel it. I’m running out of air.
Suddenly, all of the water drains. I’m soaking. The person lifts the lid. It’s Tammy.
“I told you not to hide in there! C’mon, let’s get upstairs and have your shower,” she says.
“No need,” I say grinning. “I already have!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!