I'm Free

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

I stopped at the edge of the cliff. I turned around to see them way behind me, I smirked in amusement as they kept on yelling my name.

"Princess Amaryllis! Princess Amaryllis! Please don't do this!" They shouted, I smirked evilly, I turned around and jumped off.

I grinned as I felt the wind course through my hair and the adrenaline rushing through my veins, then my eyes narrowed as I saw a rocky hill below me, then I took out my folded scythe, Dartrapier.

As soon as you know it, my scythe came in contact with the rocky terrain, then it started to lose it's grip, I looked at it as it started to slide through the rocky terrain. After a few minutes it started to slide faster and faster, I gripped it with both hands tightly.

'OK, Amaryllis Destonia, you will take the scythe out of the gap you've created and jump down, who knows how many metres' I thought reassuringly, I then gathered all my strength and pulled out Dartarapier and fell down at an amazing speed. A few metres ahead I saw a clump of trees together, I gasped and tightened my jaw and embraced myself for the impact that was to come.

Then I felt warmth against me, I opened my eyes to see blue icy cold eyes.

"Ezra....." I whispered, my eyes wide as saucers.

"Geez, Amaryllis why do you also have to get yourself into trouble?" Ezra said annoyed, I smiled softly, and put my arms around his neck and burying my face into it.

"Because for the first time of my life...." I paused and whispered the last part.

"I'm Free..."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!