A Buisness Of Ferrets

This morning, the Nation of Ferrets had woken up to more disturbing news. The local bakery was broken into and all the freshly baked goods were stolen. Mrs Cinnamon, owner of the bakery, was devastated. If you saw this happen, please call... Mr Weasel, put down the newspaper. “What’s on the front page today?” asked Lilly Weasel. “Another robbery” Lilly sighed. “Again?” Lilly picked up her school bag and grabbed her lunch from the kitchen counter. She looked at the combination of food. Chicken, tuna, avocado and a container of water. “Share some with Rosie” Mrs Weasel told Lilly. Lilly nodded and left. Rosie, Lilly’s friend recently got robbed along with her whole street and almost everything was gone. To get to school, Lilly had to go through a forest. This time when she was going through, it felt as if someone was staring at her. Crack! A stick broke, Lilly looked under her feet to find nothing but gravel. She quickly scanned the area for anything moving, but there was nothing but the treetops swaying in the light breeze. Lilly started to run. When she was beginning to veer left at a split road, but when she did she saw a shadow in the midst of the trees and without hesitation she began to run even faster. Lilly had left the school when it was dark. She had to do a test she had missed. When Lilly got to the village past the forest, she saw five slender figures in front of one of the houses. They appeared to be talking to each other. Lilly hid behind a tree to see what was happening without being seen. They were ferrets, Lilly could see that there were also two bulky badgers! A loud crash stopped her thinking and before she knew it the two badgers were inside. Mrs Weasel, inhaled out of shock. “We have to tell the police!” Mr Weasel said while dialling the number in the newspaper. After the police left the Weasels den, Lilly flopped down on the couch, ready to fall asleep. In the morning she was unusually woken up early. “We are going to the town hall” Mrs Weasel said. “Why?” Lilly droned, her eyes were still adjusting to the light. “Wait and see” Lilly found herself standing red faced on a stage in front of hundreds of citizens holding a certificate. Ferret of the year it read. She won the award for finding the guilty ferrets robbing the city. Thankfully most the items were retrieved before they were sold. “These ferrets, and badgers are guilty for stealing, and using stolen items to attempt to start their own business. They are all sentenced for five years jail!” said the judge. The meeting ended with that. When Lilly went to school the next day she got praised by teachers and class mates, she had never felt so happy or so embarrassed but she accepted the comments anyway as she had saved the city from more robberies.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!