Ketuts Love Affair

Not so long ago in a not so far away island lived a Queen and her only son Ketut. He was a noble, honest man who wanted to find genuine love with someone who was interested in him and not his title. So he found himself an ordinary job where he could meet different types of people and get to know them before revealing his true identity.

Ketut disguised himself as an everyday Balinese man working in a hotel on the east coast of Bali. All the women knew Ketut and loved him dearly, but he had not found the right girl for himself yet.

One day Ketut saw a beautiful woman with fiery red hair and sparkling blue eyes. He noticed her eyes glistening in the sun light as she looked towards him. Could this be the woman of his dreams? "How can I go and speak to her?"

Katut made a plan. "I will take her a special drink like the other waiters do. Perhaps it will work like a magic potion." One of the other staff members at the hotel told Ketut that the beautiful woman's name was Rhonda.

Ketut offered Rhonda a special drink and she happily accepted. Rhonda fell in love with Ketut and from that moment she knew they were destined for each other. They spent every possible moment together drinking special drinks and watching the sunrise.
One day Ketut introduced Rhonda to his mother and announced that they were getting married.


Ketut's mother wouldn't stand for her son marrying an Australian woman, he would have to marry a Balinese woman. Ketut refused.
Ketut's mother was horrified and decided to lock Ketut in a tower and set a challenge to all women. The challenge involved surviving a treacherous driving course then climbing the tower to rescue Ketut. The first contestant to finish the challenge would get Ketut's hand in marriage.

The course was long with many sharp turns, obstacles, bumps, different terrain and no speed limit. This was meant to eliminate Rhonda because she was a safe driver and so wouldn't drive quickly.



Hundreds of women came to compete for Keut's hand in marriage, including Rhonda.
Rhonda was a safe driver with a beautiful brake foot. So she was one of the slowest drivers. All the Balinese girls were crashing, sliding and skidding which allowed Rhonda to finish the course safely.
Only one other contestant managed to navigate her way through the course, but Rhonda was able to use her beautiful brake foot to scale to the top of the tower before the other woman, where she met her love Ketut.
Ketut gave Rhonda a special drink, then Rhonda whispered, "Kiss me Ketut." He leaned love and they embraced in a kiss of timeless passion. He felt it was time to reveal to Rhonda his true identity. Although she was shocked, she felt worthy of his hand because of her safe driving status.
Ketut and Rhonda got married on the beach outside the hotel that Ketut worked at. Ketut's mother realised what a good driver Rhonda was and agreed and encouraged Rhonda and Ketut to get married.
One year later Rhonda and Ketut had a baby girl named AAMI. As Rhonda and Ketut watched the sunset with AAMI, Ketut leant over and whispered to Rhonda " You look hot today Rhonda, like a sunrise".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!