My Little World Of Colours

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

My little angel, like an elegant swan, flies in beauty and grace in a world of White, not a colour to tarnish its purity. But my little angel yearned to see more, no pearl sheen can satisfy her eyes any more, she wants to see them, the shades she so dreams of. So that little angel, even with her world so divine, set out to the world of the word that made her ears sing, ‘colour’.
Through the walls she’d held captive for such a long time, to the world of a colour that made her cheeks rosy, the world of yellow and warmth and sun. Little angle felt glow on her wings, and a bright yellow smudge appeared on her last wing feather. Not to her knowledge, more angles had escaped into the world of colours, following her along and feeling the song of colours bounce along their wings as well.
My little angle found them, half in their rush, and urged them on into the next world. The world of blue, and sky and sea, a world truly like none other, so calm and tranquil, so light on the skin, she saw her friends sawing high in the skies alongside their new bright blue feathers.
The next world to see was the colour of anger, the colour of confusion and a colour of hate. Like the blanket of a bull, the colour swept over her delicate eyes so all she saw was red, red, and red. A scarlet feather protruded from her wing. Colour after colour the angels danced along the light until their wings were full.
But my little angel wanted to see more, she needed to see more, she begged to see more. The angels told her, ‘your greed will undo you’ but she would not listen, and flew off into the mist. Colour after colour, after colour, after colour, little angel continued along. Slowly her wings grew crowded and colours clashed in a fiery blur, but she wanted, she needed she begged to see more, and colours continued to clash.
My little angel grew restless and vain, not enough colours to satisfy her taste. Greed began to overtake her mind and her wings grew sickly and dark. My little angel heard the sneers and remarks of those she called friends, ‘your greed will undo you’ replayed in her mind.
Little angle’s mind grew crowded as thought raced after endless thought and her world began to spiral out of control. Black whirled around my deal little angel, the wind of her vanity swept her away in pit of darkness. As she fell her wings turned to dust, and her hair began to darken.
Even with her wings now gone, and her hair faded like curtains, little angel sat and watched her friends with their beautiful wings fly above her as she thought one last thought, ‘your greed will undo you’.
My little angel smiled and muttered softly, ‘am I truly undone…’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!