Dark Angel Paradise

Fallen angel isn’t a term that suits me, as I have come from deep beneath the Earth’s surface, from hell, the devil’s realm. You see, I am a dark angel. A dark angel sentenced, for failure, to stay with the humans.
With my wings hidden, I walk along the sidewalk with all of them surrounding me, deep in the ‘city of love’. Pathetic isn’t it. You would think being here, I could live normally, just hide my wings all the time. If I did that, I would find a way to kill myself before a day. It should be easy to just grab a knife from someone’s kitchen and stab myself through the chest, but no. I just have to be bloody angel and can’t kill myself.
I can feel some idiot’s eyes on the back of my head and I know there is something I have to do, for me. There is an alleyway up ahead. I have an idea.
As I turned into the alley, I hear footsteps following close behind. I let the cover of my wings fall and hover just above the ground but out of sight.
A young man with short, blonde hair and bright, green eyes that looked like he hadn’t seen the bad in this dreadful world, slowly steps in. He seemed so innocent that you would doubt he could do anything bad, but I know different. No matter what his reasons, he is no good. But, I do need someone to help me right now. That will be all in due time.
Slowly, I set back down onto the ground behind him. He was startled when I tapped his shoulder.
‘Hello, there,’ I said so sweetly that I am going to be sick.
He looked suspiciously around, as if someone would help. No one knows who I even am.
‘Hi, I’m Blaine?’ Really, it sounded like he was asking me.
‘Are you?’ I didn’t even wait for him to answer. I just covered his mouth and dragged him into the corner so he was squished between the wall and a dumpster.
‘Let’s get some things set straight. 1) I don’t care who you are. 2) I couldn’t care less if you think you’re going crazy. And 3) I advise you to change your life. Don’t ask me why because I don’t know!’ I didn’t care about him, I just wanted him off my tail.
I turned my back, but it seemed that my message hadn’t sunk in, as I then felt the slicing of my heart as his knife went through my chest. At first, I was stunned until it hit me. I was finally free.
I barely had any life left in me. All my energy seemed to deplete. I had just enough time to say to him, ‘thank-you’, before I slipped into eternal darkness.
I fell into my perfect dark angel paradise.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!