Fantasy World

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

It was an unexpected day for Lucy. Walking through the streets of summer was so boring to her. Nothing was interesting to her. She just basically spelled B-O-R-I-N-G!!!
But when she was about to enter school, she stopped. Where are all the classes? Children? Teachers?
As she looked to the sky, hearing yelling, she firstly just thought that were just birds, making fun of her. But when she looked up, she thought she'd almost wet her pants. Up there, in a bubble flowing, was a bunch of people, stuck in that bubble. She could barely believe her eyes. When she took a step forward, everyone screamed “Nooooo!!!” – But it was too late. She was starting to fly up, for no reason.
“Oh, great” one boy yelled. “Now we're stuck altogether like idiots.”
But Lucy thought it was funny. When she finished off laughing, she suddenly saw something that was very weird not just to her, but to everyone. “Candy, anyone?” That was a lollipop speaking to them, which was the size of a tree. Some decided to get some Candy and others climbed on the lollipops.
Then, the bubble popped! Everyone screamed “AHHHHH!!!!!!!” But then they landed on weird, but interesting flowers. Lucy started jumping around. They’re trampolines! As they watched Lucy, more and more started doing that what Lucy did, jumping on the flower-trampolines! Everyone was currently laughing and telling jokes, while jumping around and posing.
But then, the flowers stopped being bouncy for some reason. They turned black, very ugly black. A tropical cyclone turned up and started sucking up children. “Help”, one of Lucy’s friends yelped. Lucy felt like she was about to wet her pants. Then she yelled for the last time “Help me! Let this go away- PLEASE!!!!!!” After that, everything went black.
But when Lucy opened her eyes, she saw sunshine. Then she mumbled “Hmmm… Maybe I’ve gone to heaven.” But when she sat up, she didn’t see any clouds. Just a plain room, nothing else. She hasn’t gone to heaven, that’s great news. But when she thought twice, she actually realized what happened. She screeched out “It was just a dream!”
She went to school and muttered “Dreams are so funny sometimes.” Then she caught up to her friend. Lucy asked, “Did you have an interesting dream of our class? Because I did, and it was pretty weird.” Her friend had her eyes wide open. “Yes! Oh dear, mine was about…”
The friends explained each other what happened, and it turns out they had the same dream.
But who knows, it could be real!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!