Never Eat Glitter

There was a light breeze coming through the window, blowing my drapes around so they seemed alive. I was making a card for mother’s day when it came time to add the glitter, I opened the glitter box, pulled out a little container that was full of little specks of reflective dust.
An idea came across my mind, what would glitter taste like. At the time I didn’t know this would turn my whole life around. I dipped my chubby finger in the capsule and pulled it out coated in the shiny dots, I then shoved my finger in my mouth. It tasted plain and didn’t really take my fancy so I spat it out. But it was too late the changes had started and I hadn’t noticed the changes until I saw my reflection in the mirror
“Oh my god I have wings!” I screamed
My mum came running into my room and I jumped under the covers, I couldn’t let her see my secret. So I lay under my blankets choking on the remaining specks of glitter stuck in my throat.
“What’s wrong sweetie?” asked mum
“Umm nothing I was just playing fairies” I replied
“Ok then”
I suddenly felt my body give way I was laying on the floor and everything started to spin around me and then everything went huge and I mean huge as big as giants. Then I heard a laugh and then I felt tremors
My glass of water was moving just like in Jurassic park when… EARTHQUAKE!!!!!... The floor shook violently I dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes then I saw my baby brother run past my room. Then I realised that I was tiny, tinier than a midget about as big as a butterfly but wait, no, I was a fairy. This seemed as though it was dream but it was a reality. I was more excited than scared this was dream come true; I could flutter and soar across my room. I was sailing across my room when a strong breeze coming through my open window pushed me to the floor and I knocked a jar down from the shelf as I was falling. As I fell on the floor I looked up and as if it was in slow motion the jar fell and trapped me in a glass prison.

It seemed like an eternity it was no use punching the jar all it did was give me a bruised knuckle. I sat for what felt like hours just waiting for an escape route when… achoo! I sneezed like there was no tomorrow. The glass was coated in thick layer of my snot but I didn’t care my hands were glowing a light blue colour and started to tingle. Like in the spider man movies I pointed my hands at the glass and right in front of my eyes the glass shattered leaving me shocked.
“That, me, my hands, just, broke, oh my god.” I stuttered
I was honestly gobsmacked I had just witnessed magic and it had just come out of my plump hands like a bolt of lightning. I then hear the call
“lunch is ready”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!