Bad Luck Streak

Finally were at the river, we’ve have been driving for hours. I’m up here with my good mates BT, Tom, Will, James, Angus and Max. We put the boat in and start to look for a spot to ski off. After looking for a while Angus spots this amazing spot with an old bus parked out the back. Will and I get out of the boat and check if the place is clear, it looks great and know ones here.
Together we start to unpack the boat, until we hear a car coming in the distance. Tom says “Surely it can’t be the owners of this awesome block” but he was wrong. The family hoped out and started to unpack. One of the kids walked to the beach and was surprised to see us standing there.
She ran back to her mother and father and told them about the unwanted visitors on the beach. The parents didn’t look too worried but we are. Suddenly Tom says “Get all the stuff in the boat, get ready to leave” and this time he wasn’t wrong. There dad came out with a shot gun and said “to go away” or I’ll call the cops.
I quickly say sorry and jump in the boat before I get shot. We speed off with James driving. I’ve got this feeling in my stomach that we were not safe until we are out of sight. I’m still worrying once we have found a new spot that cannot be entered by car, thankfully.
Ten o’clock and we are ready to start skiing. BT starts off with wakeboarding using my brand new two thousand dollar wake board. He pulls a one eighty and then a backflip and as he lands the board makes a crack sound and straight away I stop the boat and turn around. BT is lying there with half the board on each foot.
I yell at him and get him to jump into the boat. I’m annoyed when I hear his part of the story telling to the others that weren’t in the boat. “Well I had just landed a one-eighth and then went to do a backflip and then it just cracked”. Well I knew I was just about to crack!!!.
When I have had overcome the incident I thought it couldn’t get much worse but let me tell you, it did. Tom decided to have a ski. He dry started with no problem and he was the best skier I had ever seen. He was executing the turns really well and I wasn’t going slowly. He fell off and was a bit sore but was alright to keep going, I was worried that if he falls off again it could be fatal. It turned from bad turned worse. When Tom was cutting across the wake at full speed he fell off. The ski went one way and it looked like he hit his head pretty hard and it didn’t look to good. He had a really bad stack. He got really badly hurt and had to get into the boat get.
We took him back to where we were skiing off. He couldn’t walk, talk and I was worried that if we didn’t get help soon there could be a bad consequence. So together my mates and I diced that we should call an emergency helicopter to pick up Tom. When the helicopter arrived the only option was to land on water.
When the helicopter finally landed it was too late Tom’s injury was too serious. He was lying there with his eyes closed not breathing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!