Cafe Funky

Hi there, my name is Martin. I am 10 years old and my mum died when I was 8 years old. I still haven’t got over it, I used think it was all my Dad’s fault because he was talking on the phone and lost control when he was driving, but at least now I know that it’s not. Okay let’s stop with the chit chat and get on with the story I’m going to tell you.
It all started when my Dad was renovating his new café when I was 8. I was so excited about it. I was helping Dad put the tiles in the ground, helping put plaster on the walls, painting the walls fluoro orange. It was looking so great. Even though it was only half done.
Mum came to pick us up, because it was really late. Mum and Dad swapped seats because I thought Dad was a better driver. Dad got a phone call, Mum didn’t know so she was trying to tell Dad something and he yelled at her saying he was on the phone. Then Dad curved off the road and crashed into a tree. Suddenly I see Mum she has a sharp, pointy branch in her heart blood was gushing everywhere and dad said she was dead.
The next week we had her funeral there was around 300 people there, they were all crying like mad. But there was only 1 person not crying and it was me. I was too depressed to cry. After that Dad and I went to café funky, we weren’t talking to each other till I decided to say ‘Why did you yell at mum.’ Then he started getting all annoyed at me and shoved a brush of paint in my face.
Soon the renovation was done, but it couldn’t open for another week to check if everything is safe. So I decided to pull the best prank on him when the café opens. I was planning and working it for days, I didn’t even go to school I thought it was that important. I locked my door with a pile of food and water. I didn’t see anyone even my dad.
I was so excited for the prank. I was waiting inside for the Mayor to cut the ribbon with his big pair of scissors. He cut the ribbon, so I pressed the big red gloomy button. Then paint went everywhere and it started saying café funky. I really don’t think you want to know what happened next. THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!