Dawn Of The Error Of The Nightmares Rebirth

Far away from any of these lands there is an ancient kingdom in which lives a herd of horses. There was something mystical about these horses something wonderful about their presence. No one would be able to describe this feeling, as though all anger, panic and other bad feelings were drained from them. The horses looked ordinary except for a fragile, ghostly outline around them. This herd lived in a ravine the landscape beautiful with oh so lush green grass that to felt fluffy and that would sparkle magically with dew in the moonlight. However there was another herd, so alike yet so different to this one, when you were near this herd you could feel nothing except hatred and cold spite. These horses looked like a black corpse of a horse with bat wings and a large beak, most of these horses you’d come across would have blood on its’ beak. These horses had only whiteness in its eyes and as for where to find them they’re locked up in a sleeping volcano which was bound from awakening by powerful magic. At the volcano there is a door with weird markings on it that no one could understand the language of. Translated the weird markings said: Warning, warning do not enter, For panic and fear this is their centre, Your head now full of many be wares, Does dare not enter the prison of the nightmares. The door also tells of the ancient story of how the nightmares became imprisoned: Long ago there was a time where the nightmares were not imprisoned in fact they didn’t even exist and there were more of the joyful horses which were called dreams. These dreams were owned by a man called peter. Peter was a young lad; he was kind and wholesome and loved animals. One day peter went to his favourite pub for a snack. Suddenly a hooded man came up to the bar and asked peter if he would like to play cards. Peter, who was known for how well he played cards agreed and they set up the deck, peter was asked to shuffle the deck so that the man wouldn’t cheat. But again and again peter lost until finally he swore and stormed out of the pub with a feeling he had never felt before. A feeling of anger. When Peter returned home the dreams asked him why he was so angry. “It’s none of your’ business you nags,” he snapped giving them a rude hand gesture and stormed over to his normal horses who didn’t give annoying advice, swearing. But the dreams knew something was wrong. It turned out that under the hood of what Peter had first thought to be a man was actually a spirit, a spirit of bad feelings. The spirit had taken over Peter, then took over his normal horses turning them into the nightmares. The rest we can only assume because no book will tell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!