Netball

Don't you just love netball?
Well most girls do and some boys, I started to play netball when I was 7 and the closest to me is West Rutherford Telarah Netball Club in Maitland (WRTNC). It is a great sport to play if you want to run around and have some fun with friends and other teammates.

There are all different categories, there is Net Set Go for 5-10 years old which are not competitive, Juniors for 11-17 years old and Seniors for 18 and up which are both competitive. The average number of players in a team is 8-9 because 7 go on a court at a time.

There are 7 positions Center [C], Wing Attack [WA], Goal Attack [GA], Goal Shooter [GS], Goal Keeper [GK], Goal Defense [GD] and Wing Defense [WD]. So there is usually 1-2 people of at a time and they stand with the coach on the side line and watch the game and have a conversation about it and talk about what they’re team is doing wrong, what is happening and what they’re team is doing right.

The aim of the game is to get the ball to your Goal Shooter and Goal Attack so they can try to get the ball in the hoop and the team with the most goals wins but in Net Set Go they’re all winners because they’re not competitive yet it is only competitive teams that keep score.

When you are in a competitive team you need to make sure that you try your best to win because near the end of the season there is a grand final and the winners of the grand final get a trophy to keep but don't forget it doesn't matter if you don't win because you know you tried your hardest don't walk away with shame because it isn't just your fault for losing that other team might just have some really skill full players.

You don’t have to be a netball player because the coach and your team mates will help you, so don’t be afraid to sign up. . Why don’t you give netball a try? Don’t forget you can sign up at your local netball club !!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!