Dark Forest.

"RUN!!" said one of the friends.
The 2 boys were running through a dark forest, it was a cold, windy night. Jack and Alex had been in the forest for 10 minutes trying to find a way out, they had been hearing someone, something chasing them, footsteps,the sounds of breaking branches were near by, someone was near them, watching them everywhere they went, but who was it?

Its now 5:30pm the boys are still hearing noises nearby. The forest became quite, the boys slowed down. They quietly started walking, the noises has stopped no sounds of people near following them the person may have gone, could have even been an animal?
"Finally, it had stopped, who would it be?" Jack said as he was puffing, trying to get his breath back.
"I'm not sure, whoever it was i don't know why they were following us" Alex replied.
The boys sat down for a while, they were lost, they were lost in a forest that was so big it felt like there was no way out. it became darker, and later.
"Crunch"... "shh be quite" Alex said nervously. they'll hear.
"it wasn't me?" said Jack in a worried voice,
The noises got louder and louder, the boys ran as fast as they could,heartbeats getting faster and faster as the noise caught up with them. They saw something, someone.. But who was it? The person disappeared behind a nearby tree. Alex and Jack quickly ran away. But they had a feeling the person was still near, they kept running.
"Ouch" Alex said as he tripped over a branch,
"Quick, Quick get up" Jack said quickly as he heard something near. Alex jumped up quickly and kept running, the saw street lights
"STREET LIGHTS!, here is our way out, quick!"
"common lets hurry" Jack replied in excitement.
They ran as fast as they could to reach the end of the forest, finally they had reached it.
"wow.. lets not do that again" Alex said
"never..." Jack said whilst trying to get his breath back from running so long.
"Where'd the person go..." Jack said in fright.
"lets forget about it and hurry home" Alex replied.
Alex heard a noise coming from the bush, he saw a shadow, someone was coming. Coming towards them. "Maybe not forget about it." Alex said as his heartbeat got faster and faster.
They reconsigned the face, it was very similar, but who was it.. the person starting running, closer and closer.
It was Alex's younger brother
"hahaha" His brother laughed
"wait, was that you all along?" Alex said slowly.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!