Laugh Attack

Laugh Attack
Sitting. Staring. Ha-ha there it is again. She laughs then I laugh. Ever since we have been besties, this has to have been the funniest moment Molly and I have ever had.
Those boys were making SUCH a fool of themselves, I mean, who would through their hats in a basketball hoop at lunch time when anyone could look at them, anytime. We were sitting on the bench that Mr O-Rainbow painted a while ago (he’s really Mr O-Reilly but that’s been our name for him ever since he painted the benches we were sitting on this very moment, the colours blue, orange and green for our new mini merit system).
For a moment Molly and I had to stop cracking up since those boys in third grade were starting to stare at us like crazy. When they finally stopped staring at us we looked at one another and laughed our heads off yet again.
I wasn’t scared of those boys, they were a year younger than us, as they were is my little brother, William’s, year. So far I only recognised one, since he was a girl-in-my-netball-team’s brother. They kept on failing to get their hats in the goals until they finally did it. Molly clapped softly, so of course I joined in.




I knew the end of lunch bell was going to ring soon but I didn’t want to bring it up since I was having so much fun!
Their hats went up and down, up and down and up and down. Their hats get stuck in leaves of just one of our massive trees in school. One boy throws his hat up in the leaves just to try and get his friends one out! But does it work? Of course it does! For some reason boys just have better aim than us girls. I find it weird.
Anyway, I was having so much fun I forgot about the bell! The boys shoot up their hats once more but when one of them gets stuck in the tree, Molly starts to crack up more than she ever has before. The bell rings and the boy is trying to get out his hat. I try to reach up in the tree but even I’m not tall enough!
Molly walks off to get back to class so I follow, but she can’t stop laughing and I’m wondering if she’s ok. We get back to the outside of our classroom and wait for our teacher, Mrs McNab to come (we like to call her Mrs M C, we have nicknames for a lot of teacher’s) I ask Molly if she is ok, she answers yes between giggles but I’m not sure if she is ok.
I was really relieved when she stopped laughing, but that’s only a bit of my life.

? The End ?

~Charlotte or Gift (the nickname given to me by Molly)


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!