Kidnapped

It is well past midnight and the storm is still blowing I'm huddled in front of a fire beneath a cliff face praying to god that this storm would end soon. The wind sent a spray of rain into my makeshift cave wetting me and putting out my fire. For the thousandth time as I restarted my fire, I cursed my bitter luck, ever since my partner Jordan had mysteriously left the country my luck had got worse and worse until I was forced to run away or risk my family getting hurt. I huddled beneath my blanket trying to keep warm. Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up to the thunder still rumbling through the sky but at least the rain and wind had stopped. As I sat there eating my breakfast I heard voices. I sat quietly trying to hear what they were saying; as they came closer I could make out some of their conversation. “Jordan knew too much about project titan that’s why he had to disappear” said a male voice that seemed familiar. Project titan I thought to myself I wonder what project titan is, and what they are saying, make Jordan disappear I thought he left the country. “Yes but did he have to make it so obvious that he was missing, now we have to find this other detective and get rid of him too” said the female. I held my breath as they came near I was sure they could hear my heart beating really fast in my chest. “Well I suppose we should start our search then” said the male, now I know why it sounds familiar the voice belongs to John Regan the hired assassin, I had dealt with him in the past, No wonder it was impossible to find Jordan. “Yes what was his name, Dylan wasn't it? Asked the female “yes it was” replied John, so they know my name at least they don’t know where I am. “I’ll go check out the subway stations and dock’s” said the female “Yes you do that” replied John, I heard someone get in a car and drive off. “You can come out now Dylan I know you’re down there” said John as he threw something down to me. I sat there for a few seconds with a surprised expression on my face as the smoke poured in. That was the last thing I remember before the darkness took me. I woke up in a big steel cell chained to a metal bunk. I took in my surrounding’s. There was only one way in or out and that was the steel door at the front of the room. “Dylan, is that you” asked a voice from across the room, I looked across startled and saw Jordan “Jordan!” I exclaimed “what are you doing here” I asked “the same as you I suppose.” Said Jordan “we've got to get out” I said and started searching for something to help us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!