Dark Forest

The sun shone bright in the black windy forest. With it came a mystical white cloud of smoke, making those in it invisible. The outline of someone appeared from the moving fog. As the shadow came closer, my heart rate increased with each step.
The body was visible now; it was a boy, a boy older than me. He had green eyes with chestnut brown hair, his smile was perfect. My eyes concentrated on the shape behind him. A girl hugged his side, glaring at me, as if she were daring me. I looked from her to him, his eyes were suddenly red. Pointy teeth were over-lapping his ripe slim lips. He snarled under his minty breath and faced the girl.
He un-clenched his jaw and bit into the girl beside him. The girl froze on the spot; her hypnotised black eyes, turning from brown to yellow, then to red. Her face stone white with her new complexion.
She was now immortal.
He removed his fangs from her pale white skin; leaving four square puncture marks on her neck. He then wiped the excess blood from his mouth, red stains on his white coloured sleeve. His green eyes appeared as the red disappeared back into its shadows. The sound of crunching leaves echoing across the eerie deserted woods. A reindeer stood beside the vicious creature, noticing only my presence. It bent its head towards the dead grass it stood on and nibbled, its eyes still remaining on me.
The Creature looked at the reindeer, and let out a low growl, showing is razor sharp teeth. The reindeer lifted up his head, observing his surrounds then resumed eating. The Creature jumped disappearing into thin air but did not return. The reindeer only lifted his ears in response to the change of setting. I looked to where the creature had once stood, the girl wasn’t there. A finger brushed my naked arm, I turned my head, my face inches from the girl’s. For a brief moment there was a pause, she was looking through me, searching for something. The excitement in her eyes re-establishing as she preyed on the lost deer.
The Creature landed on the deer. Surprised and defeated, the deer gave in to an easy death. He snapped the deer’s neck, and drank from the fresh hot blood pouring out of it. The girl joined him, feasting together, covered in bright red. Not being able to look, I analysed the dark clouds above me. Sparks of electricity were flowing through them, carrying acid rain. I looked at the decapitated body, it was abandoned.
Warm hands brushed over my naked neck, the muscles in my body becoming stiff. A chill went down my spine as he breathed over my shoulder.
I started to panic. I could not speak, as if a cat had caught my tongue but this was worse; a vampire caught my dry scaly tongue.
"No need to panic, love. I am not going to hurt you."
He lied.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!