I Made History

The way the sizzly crispy bacon slowly shrivelled up in the fat and oily pan made my stomach start to growl with hunger. The hint of the garlic made the whole dish seem flavoursome. The combination of the leek and bacon was a mouth-watering and succulent combination that brought all of the flavours out in the dish.
Serving up my dish with fear as I thought to myself that maybe my one and only chance of becoming someone that people know and admire, was about to be ripped right out my hands. This was the scariest and the most nerve-racking time of my life, but at the same time this was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I could become someone special and a person that kids look up to. A person that is loved by people all around the world, it was scary to know that all of that was on the line at this very moment. But also I had tried my absolute hardest and I knew that this was all that I could do, but I knew that no matter what, I would be happy for making it this far in the competition.
Walking up to the table to where the judges were seated, was interesting as they sat there eyeing me down as I was walking towards the table. I knew that presentation wise my plate was lacking. But at the same time this is the most proud I’ve ever felt about something that I had accomplished myself.
As the judges jaws are grinding together as they are tasting my dish, I was waiting for the verdict not knowing what to think. But as Gary started to talk the words that came out of his mouth made tears fall down my face. He had just told me that my risotto was the best risotto he had ever tasted. I was overwhelmed with excitement.
Now this was the moment that everybody had been waiting for. The moment that the winner was about to be announced. The words that all three judges had just spoken made me speechless; those words were. The winning dish of Master Chef Kids for 2013 is the risotto dish. My jaw dropped, I was jumping with joy. I had just won the reputation of being the winner of Master Chef Kids for 2013.
Written by Dayna Robinson

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!