Danny The Superhero

I knew everyone would be mad at me, but I couldn’t help myself. I just had to reduce Bro McEvil to a pile of bilious muck. For the safety of the Earth I had to get rid of him; he was just too evil!
I was hiding behind a supply chest. A quick glance at the enemy informed me that Bro McEvil had no need to rush as he was staring calmly back at me. I loaded my blaster dived out from behind my cover and fired. The bullet sped towards the target and slammed into him propelling him out the door. As he stumbled out the door Bro McEvil shouted, “I will get you Good Guy if it is the last thing I do!”
I zoomed back to Good Guy Headquarters for my next mission from Mother Boss. She informed me that I needed to go to Backyardzonia to clean up some droppings from the local Shih Tsu.
I arrived at Backyardzonia and retrieved the Pooper Scooper and set to work. I had barely started when an excited little Shih Tsu bounded over to me. “Hey little guy,” I said “do you want a treat?” He barked at me and thanks to my excellent gift in languages I knew he was saying “Yes please!” So I gave him a treat and told him to do his business in the designated area.
“Hold it right there!” A voice behind me shouted. I turned around and there before me stood Bro McEvil, even worse than before. The suddenly time seemed to slow down. I saw him draw his blaster, load it and fire and before I could react a bullet slammed into me sending me stumbling into the bushes.
I woke up disorientated back at Good Guy Headquarters. I couldn’t remember what had just happened. I saw the Big Boss sitting on the other couch half sleeping and half watching the Earth election coverage. I ran over to him and jumped onto him. He jumped awake and asked me “How are you feeling Danny?”
“Just fine Dad!” I replied
“That branch gave you quite a nasty whack! You will have to stop being a superhero for a while”
“But I let Bro McEvil get away”
He took me into his arms and said “It doesn’t matter Danny you are still the best superhero I know”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!