Harry The Hippo

Once upon a time there was a hippo named Harry. Harry was sad because he had no friends because he was a hippo and everyone feared hippos including other hippos. He was no ordinary hippo. Henry was a rare breed of hippo known as hugging hippos. Harry was an orphan when he was younger because two mean hunters had taken his mum and dad. When that was happening Harry was playing in the bushes alone.
When he came out he started calling out to his parents, "MUM" "DAD" "WHERE ARE YOU?" until a kind bird flew down and told Harry what had just happened. Harry was so, so, so sad.
Harry cried for days until he ran out of tears. He had cried so much that he flooded the jungle. All the other jungle animals were angry with him. They all told him to leave the jungle.
Twelve years had passed and Henry was now 17. He wanted to come back to the jungle so the jungle animals let him. Harry was now so happy that everyone was now his friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!