Needles

I can see the needle coming closer and closer towards my leg
“STOP” I scream I can’t do it maybe it’s just a numbing needle compared to having your leg crushed by a car but it is, it is worse for me the sharp point on the end of the needle glints and I cringe at the thought of it entering my leg it’s disgusting it is made worse by the fact that I have needle phobia I am at the dentist and I am getting ready to have my tooth filled but I have to have a needle first I just can’t stand it .Why is it that dentists have a thing about needles. Why couldn’t it have been a numbing pill those little things are easy to swallow ‘It won’t get any easier just watching it you know’ said my mum. At least I feel safer knowing it isn’t anywhere near my leg. I know I can do this I have to do it or he’ll just rip it out and that will be even more painful I take a deep breath ‘go!’ I scream and immediately look away ‘done’ says the dentist ‘done’ I say but the numbing needle has already begun to have an effect on my mouth and it sounds more like ‘dum’ no that’s impossible I didn’t feel a thing ‘come on time to go’ says my mum but I am confused and she grabs my hand and drags me out .

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!