I Had A Little Brother

I had a little brother who was cheerful and vibrant; playing at the river near school was our thing, skipping stones and climbing trees amongst other amazing things. Having fun together is what we did.
I had a little brother who was nervous and anxious; his first day at high school was the culprit. Silly thing, worried that no one would like him, I reminded him that was not likely.
I had a little brother who was happy and fun; running to the river something was not right, but of course everyone adored him, after all he was my cheerful little brother.
I had a little brother who was distant and sad; something was wrong, but he wouldn't tell. we didn't run down to the river after that, no more skipping stones, climbing trees or any other fun things.
I had a little brother who wasn't so cheerful and vibrant; everyone ignored him, silly me, had no clue what was happening, not to my little brother.
I had a little brother who came out to me; being harassed in school for something he couldn't change, I couldn't bear to see so much hate for just falling in love, no one could hate my little brother.
I had a little brother who put on a smile to mask the pain; silly me, I was too blind to see it wasn't true, waiting in hospital, hoping to god that he wouldn't take my beautiful little brother away.
I used to have a little brother who was gay; hated by those who didn't understand all he was, all they could see was their own hate. They didn't see the hate in their eyes and the stabbing pain of their words which ultimately killed him. If they could only see through my eyes, hate would not be their cries.
I have a little brother who is happy and strong; he now watches over me and helps takes the hurt away, like I wish I could have done for my little brother.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!