The Day I Hurt Myself

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Today I went to mini fun day. Do you know what that is? Well It is motorbike riding coaching. I was in green group I have a Pee Wee 50, it is a Yamaha. This is some of the exciting things I did. First I went up a steep hill and I went back down. Next I went over a jump , gliding through the air and landing on the ground. Next I was riding up an even steeper hill. Than I practiced turning skids, splashing mud into the crowd.

Suddenly I skidded out and came flying off my bike. I had broke my ankle I could not go to mini fun day for 5 months. I had to go to the hospital. I was in a lot of pain at the hospital. All my family came to see me. I also cut my neck…you should of seen it.

It took me 5 months to recover from my deadly accident. Now I go to mini fun day and ride my bike, I’m not scared to do jumps, but I’m a little bit scared to do skids. I actually had another accident coming off a humongous jump, luckily I did not hurt myself.

I have learnt that I can be a cool rider but I have to be safe too.

By Christian Sammut
Year 1
Age 6

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!