Alfie The Frog

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Once upon a time Alfie the frog lived in a pond with friends Dean the kangaroo, Jake the frog, Mirandha the frog, Shelley the turtle and Ella the happy dolphin.
All the friends loved to swim in the pond, but they never swam in the deep part of the pond.
One day a stranger came to the pond and took Jake, Mirandha, Shelley and Ella away. Alfie and Dean didn’t know what to do, so they went and asked Geoff the wombat. Alfie and Dean explained to Geoff what had happened, but Geoff didn’t know what to do either, but he said that Sue the wise old koala would know what to do.
So Alfie and dean set off to the old gum tree house where sue the wise old koala lived. When they got there Sue was knitting socks for her grandchildren whose names were Samantha and Skye. Sue told Alfie and Dean that the stranger wanted the pond for his ducks, and that he had locked up Jake, Mirandha, Shelley and Ella in the old haunted cave. Sue the wise old koala told them they would have to the get the key off the stranger to be able to set their friends free.
Alfie and Dean had never been to the old haunted cave, so the grandchildren Samantha and Skye decided to go with them because they were very brave and they had the very big dog called Beasty.
The four of them set off to the haunted cave, it was a long way away and took them 10 hours to get there, but when they got there is was dark. They tippy toed into the cave so the stranger wouldn’t hear them. Once they were in the cave they saw their friends locked up in a cellar, and the key was on a hook but it was very high up and they couldn’t reach it.
Samantha and Skye decided they could reach the key if they stood on Beasty’s back. Once they had the key they crept over to their friends and unlocked the cellar. As the friends were coming out of the cellar Beasty saw a cat and started barking. The friends ran out of the haunted cave with the stranger chasing them, he chased them all the way back to the pond.
Once back at the pond the stranger cornered them against the water, just then beasty jumped up and pushed him into the deep end of the pond. But the stranger couldn’t swim. All the friends jump in and rescued him and brought him back to shore. The stranger was so grateful he gave them a cake and the friends said that his duck could share the pond with them. And they had a picnic and lived happy after.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!