Queen Bee Or Wannabee?

Madison
Right now, I’m standing at my locker looking at myself. I deserve to be Queen Bee! Just then, a new girl walks past me. She’s gorgeous. She could become Queen Bee instead of me! I race to her and introduce myself. Her name is Lindsey. I put on a smile and ask if she wants a tour of the school. If I’m going to make this work, I have to play nice first.
Lindsey
Madison is so sweet, showing me around. I made a friend called Jane. We’ve got a lot of classes together and we eat lunch together almost every day. People have started to notice me and say hi. Jane says Madison is a lying, manipulative person and she’s warning me something will go bad. That isn’t the person I’m seeing.
Madison
It’s been weeks into the school year and I’ve haven’t done enough. There’s no way I’m going to lose to a little, innocent girl. It’s time I pull out what I really can do.
Lindsey
This is seriously the best time of my life. I have heaps of friends. Madison and Jane have both been great friends.
When I arrive at school, everyone looks at me like I’m an alien, snickering and then walking away. What was that about? Just then, I received a text from an anonymous person. It had a picture of a girl that was short, fat, had glasses and braces and a choppy haircut. Its caption said:
Lindsey Hart: Before
I almost drop the phone. Why would anyone do this? I call Madison and she comes immediately and hugs me. She is the kindest person ever. What was Jane talking about?
Madison
That was easy. Lindsey cracked within 5 minutes of seeing that hideous picture. I can’t shake the feeling of being a bit guilty. Truthfully, I’ve grown to think of her as my friend. NO. It doesn’t matter.
Lindsey
I was walking around when I saw Madison with a guy. I wanted to say hi but they looked pretty serious so I stepped back, but I was close enough to hear.
“Thanks for sending that picture.” Madison said. “The look on her face was priceless.”
Jane’s been right all along!
“Ugh, I have to go t-“I know she’s seen me. “Lindsey, wait.”
I was already running as fast as I could to Jane’s house. She opened the door and I told her everything. Jane was a good friend and let me stay the night. I went back to school and bumped into Madison.
“Can I talk to you?” Madison asked quietly.
“No,” I said and began to walk away.
“Please, I’ll explain everything! That picture was me!” she screamed aloud. “I did it because everyone used to bully me. I’m sorry. Please forgive me,” she begged with tears in her eyes.
I was shocked. “Why would you think that, I’m your friend?”
Madison
It’s a month later and Lindsey has forgiven me. We just need time to mend some things.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!