Teacher Attack!

"Two plus two equals four!" The mathbie screeched a me.
Mathbie. Who needs them? Nasty adults who were supper clean with soft skin and brushed hair. Mathbies always had big baggy glasses with a granny smell to them. It was disgusting how clean they kept themselves. They always took a book about maths with them to bombard helpless souls with problems to solve.
"Five time five equals twenty-five!" It yelled.
Even it's voice sounded clean. I brushed past a medium bush only to be stopped by a Sosebie. It screeched at me as it opened it's book in lightning speed. I squealed in fright as I dodged his attacking voice by running away from him and into the dark forest.
Sosebies are the most annoying of them all. Clean formal clothes with fresh clean haircuts and always smelling like rich cologne.
"They can't pinpoint when the Industrial revolution started but it was said that it started around 1750 to 1914!" The sosebie yelled followed by a screeching, "Six plus four equals ten!" from the mathbie.
Taking one sharp turn left past the old willow and two turns to the right near the old deli I had reached the hot, hard road. I had lost the Mathbie with all the different directions but the Sosebie was still hot on my tail. It's being going on and on about everything. From the government to the environment to reading a map to landmarks around the world. When is it going to stop?
My chest heaved and my legs ached as i ran slower and slower on the hard road, the sun burning my exposed head. I had to stop. But i can't. I can't be one of them. I could hear him gaining on me. How is he running in that tuxedo?
Suddenly i fell from the lack of lifting my feet off the ground to take steps. I scrambled up but was pulled back down by something pulling my hair down. A sosebie sat on top of me, his book open and words flowing out of his mouth. I struggled under the heavy weight of the sosebie, trying to get free before it was to late. He glared down at me his eyes wide and full of knowledge.
"Get off me!" I screamed as i pushed at him.
As i was struggling to get him off me i hadn't noticed the white piece of paper he had pulled out from his book. He looked at the paper before smiling down at me. My eye's widen in fear as he slowly lowered it to me. My arm reached up with out me knowing, my fingers twitching with curiosity. As my fingers touched the white paper and i gasped feeling the knowledge it held. The sosebie stumbled away and into the forest when i had finally came back to my senses. My Head span and my body screamed for water. But in all my pain and needs, I could feel the slow change within.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!