The Old Willow Tree

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

I planted a seed that I found next to a willow tree, I thought it was special so I’m planting it in my garden. I already can hear it whispering in my ear, I’m not sure what it’s going to be. If I had a guess it would be a willow tree with big branches shading me in the rain and the peaceful sound of it blowing in the wind. As dusk hits the sky I went to bed waiting another day until the seed rises out of its bed.
As 2 days have passed I found the seed as a tiny neon green sapling, it had specks of shiny water on the top of its leaves. It was only tiny but it was beautiful. It looked happy to me, like it had lots of energy, like it could hop out of the soil and bounce around. I was happy of how the sapling looked; neon green is my favourite colour. It makes me feel like I’m standing on soft summer grass.
~6 years later
I look at my willow tree it was almost as big as my house! It had big chocolate brown branches and mint green leaves and its movement in the wind was so peaceful, you could almost hear it talk to you. It grew fast in six years! Sadly, the old willow tree that I used to walk by and where I found the seed has gone, no one knows where it went or what happened to it, it just vanished into thin air. The old willow tree has a place in my heart, though and I have my own tree to remind me of it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!