Family Issues


I’m astonished my Mother is only telling me now, after twelve years of my life, not knowing where my Father has been since I was seven months old. Apparently he had left my family in New Zealand and moved to England to make more money, but never contacted us again. I’m very surprised about what has happened because to my friends I have been saying “He died while on a trip to the moon” and “He was smacked in the head by a golf club” and weird lies like that. My mission this year is to find out everything I can about my Dad. Love Lucy.
“Today after school I’m heading to the library ,” I said to Mum as I’m sprinting to my school. Mum replied “Ok but be home for dinner” which is really strange because normally she’s so worried about me!
Maths is my first class today and recently we’ve been working on an addition review assignment; I mean how boring is that! I just can’t wait to get to the library and search up everything I can about my Father. Love Lucy.
“Oh my Gosh, I’m jumping up and down up and down in my seat right now, I felt like a tourist hand gliding through the lost city of Atlantis. He’s alive, He’s really alive, his name is Thomas George Cameron, he works for a financial company and I even got his MOBILE NUMBER. Now all I have to do is convince Mum to call him! Love Lucy.
It took a lot and a lot of begging but I’m allowed to call him after school! You have no idea how happy I am! I’m hoping this school day will finish quickly. Love Lucy.
Now is the moment. I’m lying on my bed with the phone in my hand looking at his number and shaking my palms are sweating. How do I know if he wants to talk to me! How do I know if he wants to know anything about me! Or if he wants to even see me one day! I’m so scared. Mum walks into my room with a face that looks horribly worried “Have you dialled his number yet Lucy?” asked Mum with her voice quivering. As I dialled his number I couldn’t think straight. Nervous thoughts are flying through my head. Next thing I knew, the phone was ringing in my ear like a siren going off inside a dull and boring house. “Hello you’ve reached Thomas” I didn’t know what to say, then it just came out” “HI. IT’S LUCY”, I yelled across the phone line “ Sorry but if your trying to sell me something I don’t need or want it” snarled Dad after my comment, but of course he didn’t know he was my Father yet, “ I’m not trying to sell you anything Thomas” I exclaimed “ Then what do you want?” asked Thomas “ Have you ever met a girl named Carolyn” “Maybe,” Thomas said, concerned, “Why” . I continued “ She’s my mother and I was wondering if you had ever lived in New Zealand with her.” “Yeah, she was my wife” he said. It sounded like he was really worried. “That means your my child” . “Yes that’s correct,” I repeated. “ You moved to England when I was seven months old” .“ Is your Mother there,” he asked me. “Yes”. “Can I speak to her please?” I handed the phone to her and didn’t get to speak to him again that night but he said he would call me again. I just can’t wait to talk to him again! Love Lucy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!