Donut Man

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

For Donut Man, life was getting boring. He had defeated the Steakinator, the Rhubarb Typhoon, Mr Fries and Bananarama. It was six months since King Corn had reared his ugly head, and Donut Man had had nothing to do. ‘I`m kind of hoping the Steakinator will break out of prison again. Man, is he creative with those steak forks jamming them into the security system unnoticed.’’ Suddenly, VEA! VEA! VEA! ‘Gasp!’ gasped Donut Man. ‘The Villain Escape Alarm!’ Quickly, using Sprinkle Power, Donut Man raced towards the maximum security prison, arriving just in time to see Popped Corn, King Corn`s nephew, stepping out of the ruins of a fallen wall, laughing maniacally. ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ giggled Popped Corn. ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ ‘Okay, you can stop now.’ said Donut Man. ‘Never!’ snarled Popped Corn. ‘Minion`s, Arise!’ Suddenly, there were TWO Popped Corn`s. Then THREE. Then FOUR. Then FIVE. ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ chuckled the Popped Corn`s in unison. ‘ATTACK!’ yelled the real Popped Corn. The faux Corn`s swarmed towards Donut Man, and a battle ensued. Fortunately, none of the copies were very smart so , using Sprinkle Power, Donut Man blasted the clones back towards Popped Corn. ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ snorted Popped Corn. ‘You’ll never defeat me!’ and he flew off towards the city. ‘Thank goodness Popped Corn is easy to track,’ said Donut Man with a smile.”That grease scent stays in the air for hours.” Donut Man got a quick cup of coffee then followed the scent towards the abandoned science lab. A faint ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ rewarded him. Another laugh sounded closer. Donut Man then found a tape recorder inside a test tube. ‘That’s curious’ he thought. Suddenly, something heavy crashed into him from behind. ‘I told you you’d never defeat me!’ growled Popped Corn. But Donut Man easily threw him off. ‘Minion’s, Arise!’ yelled Popped Corn. Ten Popped Corn’s stepped out from behind the real Corn. Donut Man fought bravely but was eventually overwhelmed. ‘BWA, HA, HA!’ chortled the Popped Corn’s. [ The duplicates gone ] Popped Corn strolled off to enjoy a refreshing glass of grape Chardonnay. ‘ Now, how can I get out of this prickly predicament?’ wondered Donut Man. ‘Ah! I’ll use my Swiss candy knife!’ Donut Man tilted his head to the side and his hidden shoulder pocket popped open. By wiggling this way and that Donut Man escaped from his bonds. He slipped quietly behind the door just as he heard Popped Corn’s footsteps echoing down the corridor. He soon appeared in Donut Man’s line of vision and he quickly overpowered him, snapping handcuffs on his hands and some tape over his mouth so he couldn’t summon minions. He handed him over to PC Lollee, and then flew home, no longer bored.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!