Vampire Friend

Vampire friend.

Laura Cheston, one of my best friends she has been acting weird. Weirder than usual. First she dyed her hair red. Then she started being really moody and grouchy. I told her this and she avoided me for a week! Right now I was with my other best friend Andrew climbing the stairs of Laura’s huge cream coloured brick house. We trudged up the pavement towards the door. “You knock,” Andrew said shyly. I pouted at him. I was scared to knock as well. I grabbed the knocker. We heard shuffling around. “He-,” Laura started. When she saw us she rolled her eyes. “Can’t entertain today,” She said closing the door. I looked at Andrew and rolled my eyes. Laura held the door open a crack to hear us. We pretended not to notice. “Why does she have to avoid us?!” I exclaimed.
“Yeah,” Andrew muttered. We walked down the flight of stairs.
Sorry Tianna?! I had a text from Laura. I felt a jolt of excitement. “Drew,” I said using Andrew’s nickname. His mouth opened in a “oh” when he saw the screen. I smiled. She apologized
But that is not an excuse for you guys to stalk me!!! Let’s pretend this never happened and start over. Okay!!! Cu l8ter. The happiness and excitement left me. I felt my face heating up. Andrew who was still watching my phone looked mad.
2 weeks later: I had not spoken to Laura and I avoided her. Laura was usually weird. She had sensitive skin. I mean REALLY sensitive. Her blood is almost black. She is extremely pale. She has a cold touch and hates hugs. I gasped I jumped up. Andrew was with his soccer team. “Hey boys, Andrew needs to talk with me,” I said grabbing Andrews’s coat.
“Uh sorry he is busy,” Said the Captain Jacob.
“Oh well,” I said bitterly with an easy-to-guess- fake smile. I grabbed his hand and pulled him. I told him the weird things about Laura. “What does that remind you of?” I asked. He thought for a moment. His eyes bulged. “OHHH,” He gasped. “A vampire,” He said shortly. It is a weird accusation but she has all the symptoms. I pulled out my Samsung phone.
Laura are you a vampire
I pressed send. A phone beeped. Laura was sitting on the seat next to me.
“Are you a Vampire,” Andrew blurted out. Laura laughed nervously.
“Good one,” She laughed, clearly fake.
Andrew and I gave her our most serious looks. “You’re serious,” She said, Eyes wide. We nodded eagerly. She breathed heavily. “Promise you won’t tell anybody?!” She asked. We crossed our hearts. “I am a Vampire,”
I few weeks passed. I finally got my best friend back. She was moody because she had to hunt every night before bed. Hunt for Vampire food. God knows what they eat. I and Andrew went to her house for the first time.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!