The Misplaced Thing

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

My misplaced thing is a box named Tim. I found him in a park. It looked sad and very lost so I took it home. It smelt a bit so I took Tim to the bathroom to give him a shower, but he backed away. Tim was speaking a secret language that I could not understand.
That night I heard a noise and I woke up, it was Tim. I turned on the light and believe it or not Tim had three little boxes running all around my bedroom. It sounds a bit crazy that Tim had little boxes inside of him. I said to Tim “What are these little boxes running around my room?” Tim answered back, and believe it or not, I could understand him “These are my feelings…… “This is” pointing at a little grumpy box “Grumpy” then pointing at another box and said “This is Happy” “This last one is called Sad.”
The next day I went to the park with Tim to set him free, but he would not let go of me. That was a BIG problem because I needed to go to school. After half an hour he finally let go of me.
After school I went back to the park to see if he was still there…. But he wasn’t!
Every now and then I see something that doesn’t look right and seems a little lost. Now that feeling is starting to fade and I’m seeing fewer and fewer things that are misplaced and do not fit in.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!