The Perfect Dog

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

One early morning Frank and his dog Doogley had breakfast. Frank had cereal and Doogley had a bone. His favourite treat in the world. After breakfast Frank asked Doogley, “Do you want to go for a walk?” Doogley said “yes” but in dog language roof.
So they set off. They started walking to the park. Frank saw a beautiful sight and he started walking towards that instead of the park.
Frank started running and then Doogley started walking faster. Frank started running as fast as he could and Doogley started running. Then Doogley noticed there was a cliff. He tried to warn Frank by roofing but it didn't work.
And then Frank accidentally ran off the edge. But luckily Franks t-shirt caught on a weak branch. Suddenly the branch snapped! Doogley quickly ran and jumped off the edge and bit Frank’s t-shirt and caught his tail on the stronger bit of the branch.
Then he used all his might and flung him onto the grass. Then Frank lifted Doogley onto the grass too. Doogley and Frank walked to the ice-cream store and Frank got ice-cream for both of them.
When they finished their ice-creams they started walking to the park and at the park Doogley went up the stairs of the playground and down the slide. But when Doogley went down the slide it was really fast. So when Doogley got to the bottom he flung straight into Franks arms, and then liked Frank.
Finally they started walking home but on their way home Doogley spotted some other dogs playing chasies so Doogley joined in. They stayed there for ages. About three hours. Doogley got tired so Frank carried Doogley all the way home.
At dinner time Frank noticed Doogley had a cold and put Doogley straight to bed. After Frank had finished his dinner he went to bed. Wow it was a beautiful day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!