Dragon Hunt

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Dragon Hunt
Have you ever fought a dragon? I might be one of the only people on this earth that has. I have seen the flaming rock, I have seen the horned tail and I have seen the teeth like daggers. This is the story of my fight with a dragon.
I climbed the mountain and the stone below my foot fell away into the darkness far below. As I climbed further up the mountain the black stone and grey ash blew towards me in the steadily growing wind. I heard a mighty cry above me and I looked up to see a huge figure on the top of the mountains peek with the sun setting behind it.
The dragon was a ferocious creature that had the object I needed. The object I was meant to collect. The only problem was that he guarded it with his life.
As I came to the top of the mountain I heard it howl again and it loomed above me. It had huge glowing scales and teeth like razors. It had a tail with spikes all over it and two large horns on its head. All of this was scary but what creeped me out the most was the eyes. Always staring and sweeping its mountain top lair and gazing at the stone it guarded.
I approached it slowly ready for any sudden movements. The dragon lay watching as I came closer. I could see it deciding when to attack as though I had penetrated its thoughts. Its head followed me as I walked around to its cave where I could make out the stone inside, its faint wisps of purple smoke inside it. I thought I could make it to the stone slowly and then walk off but the dragon had other ideas.
I ran for the stone as the dragon lunged and its jaws closed around the spot that I had just been standing. I saw the dragon take a deep breath and it showered sparks and fire all around me. I ducked behind a rock just in time to dodge the next attack. I rolled forward and into the small alcove where the stone was. I grabbed it and ran for the mountain path. I jumped down the mountain path with the dragon close behind. It had found me but it started to give up chasing me. I had made it down the mountain with the stone safe at hand. Just this once I had escaped a dragon’s fire, just this once I had survived.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!