Back To Earth

I was waiting nervously outside the massive steel door. Finally it opened and I quickly stood up, while Lily walked out.
“They are sending me to Earth.” She announced.
“Well, I’m coming with you!” I cried.
“Are you sure? Going back to Earth is very dangerous.”
“I’m sure.”
“We are leaving straight away. Take this; you won’t be able to breathe in Earth without it.”
She handed me a white circle with a tube connected to it.
“Breathe through the tube and press the blue button.”
I did just that.
We walked towards the ship and we sat in our seats.
After an uneventful journey through space, I walked out the door suddenly feeling weight, so I fell on my butt.
Lily laughed. “Gravity.”
I laughed along with Lily and turned my head to see huge flowers and massive trees. I whistled.
“I miss this place… beats looking at red dust all day, huh?” I asked.
“Yeah… definitely does.” Lily murmured looking into the sky.
“Let’s go.” I said.
We searched around trees and over hills for hours.
“Hello!?” We shouted.
No answer.
Suddenly I stopped moving looking uncomfortably around me, I had the feeling someone or even something was watching me.
Red eyes looked at me from the darkness,
And it ran closer…
And closer…
I ran for my life, hearing loud footsteps behind me wasn’t helping, I grabbed Lily’s shirt as I ran past her.
“Run!” I shouted.
A tree was in my way and flowers were surrounding me. Two foot long bees buzz around the flowers. The alien ‘thing’ was charging towards us. At the last second I moved out of the way and the alien ran straight into the tree and got its horn stuck. It tried to get its horn free but instead it broke off. I ran for the horn and pulled it out of the tree and I stabbed the alien right in the chest with it.
Lily gasped.
“I know I’m amazing.” I announced.
“No, I found the ship!” She yelled in excitement.
“Well? What are you waiting for? Let’s go!” I screamed in excitement.
We finally reached the ship that crashed.
“Come on, everyone! The ship is that way!” Lily announced pointing at the ship to take us back to mars. A man that had survived had a broken leg. I went to go help him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
After a boring ride through space…
“I’m going to miss Earth…” I said.
Lily walked up to me.
“Good job on bringing back all four survivors, I couldn’t have done it without you.”
I smiled. The four survivors picked me up and chanted, ‘Chloe’
My stomach started to twisting and turning. Suddenly I didn’t feel so good; I started to get a headache. I heard the alien screeching my name ‘Chloe’, I had a feeling this wasn’t over, I had a feeling that it was just starting. Maybe it was the apocalypse… again.
~To be continued~

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!