Changes.

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Scorching sunlight shines relentlessly through endless sapphire skies,
Beaming down on warm, sun-bathed lands with dry, un-blinking eyes.
The fervent hand of light shines stubbornly, unmoving from its towering seat,
Life persists in tanned greens and yellows, a season of tireless heat.

Clouds shyly curtain the reluctant sun, a soft breeze begins to blow.
The delicate leaves on old, tired trees fade to exhausted red in woe.
Quiet light peeks down on valleys of crumpled crimson and orange swirled,
Life falls to the ground in crisp, thin piles, a season of a weary world.

Still, frosty fields of soft silver sand; a sea of suffocating white
With crystal waves that recede at day, and build in the cool of the night,
And spray that nips at your skin- frozen tears of a dark sky's weep
Life rests in the chilling kingdom of cold, the season of silence and sleep.

White tufts barely dapple the clear skies above, a brilliantly perfect blue scene.
The beacon of light wakes from long-kept slumber, shining down on woken land pristine.
Sweet scents waft from jolly flowering fields of new time brought by the sun,
Life awakes in a bright and colourful rush, the season of a cycle begun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!