Hat-trick Debut

Hat-trick debut

I was going to the cricket to see the Ashes Test I was feeling lucky. I could just feel Australia was going to be on top in this match because the Australian coach, Darren Lehman, picked such a glorious side.
I was walking past the Richmond train station on the way to the M.C.G. I got there an hour before the match started. I was watching the team practicing for the match. Then Australia and England sang their National Anthems. They did the toss and Australia won and elected to bowl.
I was watching the match as Michael Clarke caught Alastair Cook, the English captain and opener. Then I felt Darren Lehman tapping me on the shoulder. The coach said one of our players was out injured and I was going to play for Australia.Then I woke up. It wasn’t real. It was a dream.

The team was surrounding me. My Dad gave me my Baggy green cap. I ran over to the field feeling nervous. Michael Clarke sent me in to bowl. I explained. “How can I bowl? Wont I get smashed?’’ Michael Clarke said “ You can do it’’.
I bowled to Michael Carberry. He left the ball and it swung in and hit his middle stump. I got really excited.
Ian Bell walked to the pitch. I bowled my fastest ball. Bell hit in the air and Clarke dived across and caught it at 2nd slip.
I couldn’t believe it. I was on a hat-trick for Australia. In my first game. In my first over.
I told the umpire I was bowling spin. I tried my hardest. It hit the batsman’s leg, the team was appealing for the wicket …the umpire gave it not out. Michael Clarke decided to go to the third umpire to do a video replay. The video showed the ball was clearly hitting the stumps and the umpire over turned the decision. It was out. I got a hat-trick!!! I went crazy! It was a brilliant feeling. I ran up to my parents. I came back to the field feeling like this can’t be real.
And then I woke up. It was a dream.
But hold on minute. What woke me ?
Someone had tapped me on the shoulder.
I looked up and it WAS Darren Lehman tapping me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!