A Call Out For Help

Dear Mr Abbott
Hello my name is Matida Saboon and I am 12 years old. I came from south Sudan and have been living there ever since I was a baby. My mother was very protective of me but she still taught me to do a lot of things like hunt, make clothes and clean the house. My family loves me and I love them too. There was a war and most of my family died and there is only me, my mum, my dad and my aunty but she is very sick and needs medical attention right away.
I’m worried every day that she may be dead but I’ll never know because I’m stuck in this detention centre in Manace which is over 100kms away. I’m so worried about my family if they are dead or not or they have already moved to Australia without me and they are waiting for me. They probably think I’m dead or have been kidnapped. My life is terrible. I need help. I don’t know which way to go. I’m lost and I can’t be found. My head is spinning. I am so confused. I need to be moved to Australia now. I’m not sure how much longer I can stay here for. I’m stuck in a cycle of worry, doubt and fear of things like this happening.
I need to be with my family they are the only ones I can trust. They were with me through it all. They told me not to worry and they made me feel safe. I was only 8 when it was all happening so I didn’t know what was going on. But I knew that I could trust them. Now we are separated it’s like I don’t know who I am any more.If I can be united with my family that is all that is important.
It’s ok if we can’t be moved to Australia. We will just move back to Sudan. But if you can move us to Australia we would be a great help my dad is a carpenter, my mum can make clothes and me and my aunty can grow food.
So please Mr Abbott help us out that would be a great deal of hope. It would be nice to know that you wouldn’t let someone else die because they can overseas to live in a safer place. We are all a part of the human race so we should be treated like everyone else.
Kind Regards and relying on you to help me Matida Saboon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!