Dark Fate

Dark Fate
In the darkness that has no end, an unknown voice called out to me.The voice carried out like the wind leaving only a trail of whisper behind. I opened my eyes slowly but my vision was blurred so I couldn’t see anything, every muscle in my body ached to the centre of the bone. I felt a sudden moment of loneliness,Where am I?What is this? Why can’t I breathe?My mind was ready to explode.

I could see a dim light shining like a distant star, It was far out of my reach. I shut my eyes tight hoping that this was a dream, fire shot up abruptly stinging my body with heat. I opened my eyes from the pain and could just make out a distant silhouette of a person. He was shining with brilliance but also with pure hatred and darkness.

I smiled regretfully and my life flashed before my eyes , I saw my home in the dull forest and my only friend. I remember the first time I met him was when I had fallen into a deep pit and he had just grabbed my hand before I fell in. We became great friends after that,I became great friends with the person who had pushed me into the pool of fire. “So this is the end,this is my fate” I said sadly but still smiling to myself. My eyes dropped and I fell into the burning pool of fire.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!