I Love You

"Sam!" I can't do this anymore,I can't pretending that everything's going to be okay after you go!!" She looked at him with red, swollen eyes.she stood next to his bed,strangers glancing into the room quickly before moving on. Pain struck his heart, as he saw his only friend, lover wallowing pain. She looked Dow at him " I...I hate life!! I hate you!! I hate everyone!" She collapsed onto the bed in a heap, tears streaming like rivers down her face.she couldn't take it, it was just to much for her. He grabbed her shoulders an pulled he close, her face snuggled into his chest for comfort. "Please don't leave me...." He held her close, pain only deepening I. His heart,He didn't want this, why him, he didn't think smoking would be the cause of this,he didn't mean for this to happen, especially to him and his family. All he wanted was to stay and grow old with his family. But looking down at her now, he knew it wasn't meant to be. He only wished god would grant him a bit more time on this earth, with her. But that would never happen. He placed his hand under her chin and tilted her face slowly up to meet his,she looked away out the window. He looked out after her to see their car parked outside, a little smile crept on his face as he remembered the day Jess and him first met. she had nearly ran over him in that exact same car. Every time he thought of that awkward encounter it made him smile to himself, the way she had rushed to him all flustered and cut, was a look he would never forget. But seeing her now brought him back to reality, the reality of never seeing Jess or his family ever again.he turned back to face her,she took his hand " I love you Sam" he raised her hand to his lips before replying " I love you too, more than anything, and you know what, I will watching over you after I am gone" she looked at him,he looked at her. "Dad" he looked towards the door way and there stood his two eldest boys and his little girl, Sarah raced to the bed, the boys walking in after her. " are you going to sleep daddy?" She asked , her big brown eyes looking up at him with innocent curiosity. He felt tears brimming at his eyes, he grabbed her hand and smiled "yes sweaty" he looked at the boys who stood before him, their eyes just as red and swollen as their mothers. " can I sleep with you?" She looked across to her mother " can I please sleep with daddy tonight!! Please!?!?" Jess looked away, he pulled Sarah into a tight hug,before her brothers placed her on the ground beside them. " sorry darling, but not this it time, now before I go I want you all to know that I love you all, more than anything....." He couldn't hold it in any longer tears rand down his face as blood gushed up from his throat. "DAD!!! SAM!!!" His eyelids grew heavier, he tried with all his might to form the words, "I.......I....love...love" but the words wouldn't flow from his mouth. He lay there, energy leaving his body, scared as he was, he looked at the beautiful faces of his beloved family before his eyes shut for the very last time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!