The SW Files

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

The SW Files: Principal McDonald by Noah Mair, Yarraville West Primary

I was starving. I opened my lunchbox and there was no food. But there was a note and it said:
Thanks for the cookie and sandwich, they really filled me up. Meet me in the toilets, cubicle one, at 2pm exactly.
I sprinted as fast as a cheetah. I swerved past kids and lost control when I turned the corners but I just made it. I kicked the door of the toilets open and ran inside. I opened the door of a cubicle but no one was there.
“Wrong cubicle,” said a voice.
“Sorry.”
I walked into the other cubicle and saw a slim tall guy with a spikey beard, a beanie and a note. He handed the note over to me and said, “Remember, you’re not attacking, you’re protecting.”
I looked at the note. It said:
Your new Principal is not a Principal you want to mess with. She is an imposter and works for a terrorist group called The Shadow Assassins. They are trying to kidnap the Prime Minister’s son.
Jagger was in my class that that’s why I was here, to guard him. I ran back along the corridor and came face to face with Principal McDonald. Her eyes narrowed.
“Get lost, boy.”
“It’s not boy, it’s Agent X to be exact.”
I pulled out my MJB 2000 (Mega Jawbreaker rifle, Standard Issue).
“One shot of this and she’s toast,’ I thought.
In the blink of an eye her leg was flying up and she kicked the gun out of my hand. It flew into the air and landed in her hand. She fired and a jawbreaker whizzed towards me. I arched backwards, my head nearly touching the floor. The jawbreaker skimmed past my hair. I pulled myself up. I jumped wall to wall and grabbed the gun from her sweaty hands. I pressed the Automatic button and a hundred jawbreakers blasted out and smashed against her head. Principal McDonald fell to the ground like a bag of marbles. The guy from the toilets appeared and snatched her tie and dragged her into the Cleaner’s Room.
I put my gun under my jacket and right at that moment my maths teacher, Mr Gazza, appeared round the corner.
“Same Weir,” he shouted, “shouldn’t you be in class?”
“Well, um, um, I, er…”
“For crying out loud. Principal’s Office, now!”
I sighed with relief and shrugged. “Fine by me,” I said and started walking.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!