I Am The Champion

It is the day of the athletics carnival. I’m waiting for my events. I’m in the shot put, long jump, 100, 200, 800 metres and 110 metre hurdles. First up is long jump. All up the best jump I landed 17.29 metres and won.
Next up is shot put. All up my shots landed 28.74 metres and won. Now the 100 metre race. I finished it in 16.59 and came 1st. Next is the 200 metre race. I did it in 35.43 and came 1st. “What event is next 800 metre or the 110 metre hurdles” I asked myself.
Guess what it is? It is the 800 metre race and I know what is last. It is the 110 metre hurdles. The 800 metres was the longest of the carnival. That took me 3 minutes and 45 sec and I came 3rd. The 800 metre wasn’t a competition. But there were fast people in the race.
Everyone knows what’s next; it is the 110 metre race. This is the only event we have to practice because they don’t know if we can jump over the hurdles. When we were doing it I nicked my shoe on the top of the hurdle and split my head open. I quickly got stiches and just came back out before that race.
When I came back I said “I’m ready”. So the race went on, I jumped over the entire hurdles besides the last one. Luckily the finish line was near the final hurdle as I stumbled over the line to win the race. I finished in 15.38.
At school everyone received a ribbon. The Principal then said “Noah Fisher you went through in all of your events and you are through to the state round”. “YYYYIIIIPPPPPPPPIIIIEEEE” I shouted.
Now I am in Sydney for the State round. My first event was long jump. All of my jumps landed the best of 23 metres I won the first event at Sydney. My next event is shot put. All of my shots landed 34.99 metres and I won the event.
All my races to go and I finished 2 seconds faster than the school carnival.
Back at School and the Principal said “Noah Fisher you are through into the Australian round for all of your races”. “YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS” I yelled.
I am in Canberra for my Australian round. My first event is long jump. My jumps all landed 26.99 metres. YAY I won the long jump final. Now I have shot put. All of my shots landed 40 metres. YAY I won the shot put final.
Now I have my 100 metre race. I finished in 12.46s. YAY I won the 100 metre final. Now it is the 200 metre race. I finished it in the low 30s. YAY I won the 200m race. Now the 110m hurdles. I finished it in 11s. YAY I won the 110m hurdles final.
Back at School the Principal said “Noah Fisher you’re simply the best”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!