Happy Being Me!!

My legs are stuck, I can’t move, I feel wings growing on my back. It feels like I’ve got six legs and huge eyes! Oh no, I’m starting to fly, where am I going? I can’t control my wings! It looks like I’m heading for the ocean, or the city. I can’t see where I’m going because there’s too much fog. Oh no!! I’m heading for the ocean - what’s going to happen to me?? Wow!! There’s a beautiful view from up here. Uh Oh! Now where am I going? It looks like I’m heading for the mountains or for the skyscraper. But now I’m turning round the other way. I’m heading for huge buildings. Oh no! What’s that? It looks like a city with lots and lots of people and cars. Oh no! It IS a city with lots and lots of people and cars.
But, oh well, I’m all ready heading that way. Into the city, turn the corner, through the crowd of people, over the buildings, through another crowd of people, over some more buildings. Oh no, I’m going up back into the sky into the clouds. What that? Oh, it’s okay, it’s just a hot air balloon. I’m so tired and can’t control my wings so I’ll see if this guy can give me lift.
“Excuse Me, Sir, I’m lost and can’t control these things on my back. I was just born a minute ago and don’t know where I’m going. Do you think you could give me a lift somewhere?’ I said to the thing in the hot air balloon. I wasn’t sure what it was but it looked friendly enough. It had six legs and huge eyes with wings on his back.
“Sure, hop on”, it said. “Welcome aboard, you look just like me – a fly!”
“Do I? Am I like you?” I said. I couldn’t believe that I looked as big and strange as the creature in the balloon. I was a little annoyed to say the least, but I hopped aboard anyway, grateful for the rest.
Up, Up, into the sky we went. “What’s that”, I exclaimed. My new friend told me it was just a plane with lots of humans onboard. They were probably going on a holiday to somewhere beautiful and hot. I couldn’t believe how strange these new creatures were. They had small, beady eyes and only two funny looking legs with another two smaller legs up top. The strangest part was how they were flying without having any wings on their backs. At this moment, I was pleased that I am a fly and not a human!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!