National Italian Day (based On A True Story)

It all started on the 2nd of March at 6:30am 2014 we made tomato sauce. You have to wash the tomatoes and put them in a crate on a table and stab the tomatoes so the juice can come out. Strait after the stabbing of the tomatoes we boil them till soft and mushie but not to mushie or they won’t taste nice “yuk”?. We squash the tomatoes till they turn into liquid so we bottle them with basil put on the lid and cook and put it on the pasta and eat.
The stages go onto the next stage to the next stage and it goes on and on. I started with checking if the bottles were clean, it is important to do this because if this isn’t done the sauce will be ruined. Usually this is the only job you do, but I was lucky enough to get a promotion and move onto the next phase of the production line, which is putting basil into the bottle to give it a nice scent and subtle taste. Again, I was luckily enough to get promoted again before lunch to handing my dad bottle caps so he can bottle up the bottles because if he let me bottle them up it wouldn’t be tight because I’m not strong. Then we cooked some of the sauce and had it for lunch “yum”?. After at about 1:30 pm me, my brother and my cousin Paul played basketball for a good half an hour then started making the sauce again. My mum and nonna (grandma) started to make coffee and hot chocolate for me, my brother, my sister and my cousins. My Zia’s (auntie) boyfriend and I moved on to mushing up the tomatoes in a special machine called um…… (I don’t know) and that is the job I stayed on for the rest of the tomato making day.
At 5:00 pm march the 2nd it all finished it was a lot of fun but me, my cousin Paul, Gianni my brother and Steven my Zia’s boyfriend played soccer till 7:00 pm and ate pizza at about 7:30 pm because the silly pizza man was running late ?. My favourite pizza is napolitana no anchovies. After the pizza we played footy from 8:30 pm to 9:00 pm because the mozzies came out. After that we took off and went to bed so that was the end of the crazy day.
The next we went back to my nonna and nonno’s house to clean up and pick up the sauce. There my Zia’s boyfriend Steven was there. We walked inside and found my cousin Paul drawing a picture of Holden commodore on the kitchen table (he is a great drawer, I mean drawing cars). Now he is going to draw 1970 Plymouth superbird “it is so exciting” it is going to be green with a yellow and black number plate saying “S1CK”. After my cousin, I and Steven ate dinner together for fun ?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!