NAPLAN

NAPLAN GRADE 5 ASSESMENT TERM 3 ENGLISH…

TO CHEAT OR NOT TO CHEAT THAT IS THE
QUESTION?

As a sat still in the chair slowly pausing for a moment, I became aware of my surroundings. What do they really want me to do? Write a story. I sat there helplessly as my ideas were disappearing out of my head. One of the worse things to do every odd year at school is NAPLAN! Oh! NAPLAN the test every child constantly has nightmares about.

Mr. Manor told me to turn my frown upside down as the tension was killing me. HAS NAPLAN BEEN CANCELLED…? ‘’NAPLAN has been delayed today. The test will take place at twelve thirty” informed Mr. Manor. Not until twelve thirty – oh know that means more time waiting to get it over and done with. At lunch time when I stayed in and finished my writing and went to the printer to collect my writing my eyes glanced over at the teacher’s desk. The NAPLAN answer booklet was staring directly at me. I decided to walk away. But all I could think about was ‘come on, this is your way out of all of this worrying and I strolled back to discreetly borrow the answer sheet. I sprinted across the hall to the toilet block. I scrunched the piece of paper fiercely in my hands and as I always kept a spare pencil in my pocket and wrote the answers on a sheet of paper.

When the test started I tried my best to copy the answers and after I went home the guilt was unbearable. I couldn’t keep it a secret. I made a big decision and told mum and dad everything. They were livid but they couldn’t stay mad forever nor could they? So I bought them both a cactus from eBay to show what there like hard to get along with and annoying also disagreeable but that is a whole other story for another time.



SCORE 0/40 EFFORT O/100

LEVEL 0

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!