Back To Square One

Avey Williams, aged 13, was a pupil at a peculiar school going by the name of Normanswerth school of magic. This school however was not placed on the map and could not be reached by any normal human being. It could only be reached by taking the train from platform 11 and a half.

Avery was a 'special' girl. She wondered off into her own little entrances into her vast world's waiting to be unlocked by the help of her mind. One day she was day dreaming at her usual time 2nd period defence against the dark arts class. She was looking out the window of her classroom which wasn't very pleasant at all, it had mice running the walls and cobwebs that kept growing and growing, she could've sworn that they were still there in her first year. Anyway, Mrs. Welchback, the assistant principle of Normanswerth, taught the class defence against the dark arts. You'd think that she had her eye on everything, that she could see a pixie muggle fly across the room on the other side of her head. But no, she wasn't the oldest teacher in the school nor the youngest, but had the worst eye sight out of all the teachers.

Well, one day Avery was day dreaming and something very peculiar occurred, Mrs. Welchback had witnessed this event happening at that time and place. She saw the girl closing her eyes and day dreaming.

" You think you can just wonder off into your own world like that do you Miss Williams?" Mrs. Welchback asked curiously.
" No. Of course not Mrs. Welchback. I love this class and I learn so much from it!" Avery was trying to pass it by and she thought her plan was brilliant.
" Well Miss Williams, I think that, if you have learnt so much that we bring out the throne" Mrs. Welchback had an evil spark in her eye.
"Out you go, out to meet the Delectafires." Mrs. Welchback was obviously not very sure about what she said but she knew Avery had to be punished.
"But I can't possibly fight off a Delectafire!" Avery took back what she said a few moments ago and was beginning to weep.
"GO" Mrs. Welchback ordered Nelson, the best wizard in the school, to transport Avery there.

She was struggling tremendously to release herself from Nelson's arms but couldn't she just couldn't. Nelson took her on his broomstick and they both flew off. A terrible mistake then occurred.

One of the Delectafires had just been let out into the Dark Forest and saw Avery screaming. Delectafires are awful creatures of the dark arts who feed on fear. The creature flew up and took Avery silently from the broomstick and dropped her. Because of the silent attack, Nelson didn't know Avery was gone until he landed.

Avery landed with an enormous bang on the ground. She lay there, still, tromatized and shocked, waiting for Nelson to come back, he never did. Avery's eyes closed as she drifted away. Her whole life flashed before her eyes and a final scream, then Avery woke up. She had no idea where in the world she was and woke up in front of a screaming crowd of witches and wizards. She had no memory of what happened, ever. She didn't remember her own mother and father.

From then on she had terrifying nightmares of her life, returning to her what was originally her life. She then never felt the same, she had not obtained any happiness for a long time. She was lost in a new sort of vast land. With no memory.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!