Dare


The rain pelted down on the antiquated windowpanes. As I stepped towards the beaten down door, the floor boards creaked and the lightning cracked against the land. The wind was blowing, making little pieces of hair fall onto my forehead. Street lights flickered and a dog howled in the distance.No one had been here for years and years. Even centuries maybe.
It all started a few weeks ago at a small party Mia organised with just our group of friends. Mia's the type of person most people if not everyone envys. She has perfect wavy blond hair, sparkling blue eyes,a killer smile and the lifestyle of a queen. Let's just say compared to her I'm a charity case. Another thing about Mia is she's a daredevil. A big daredevil. And that's the reason I'm standing out the front of a deserted house. Everyone had done a dare of Mia's exept me. But that was about to change....Now it was my turn.
Staying by yourself in a deserted house that no one had touched for years may seem fun for some people. But not when you are scared of the dark,hate thunderstorms and have no one to talk to because Mia decides to take your phone away. Mum thinks I'm staying with Mia. Let's hope she still thinks that by the morning because I know I can't go back now.I can hear Mia's voice in my head. "It's your turn now Ellie, don't be a scaredy cat." I squeeze my eyes shut and try to block out the image of her with that glint in her eyes and that laugh she does. I take a deep breath and my trembling hand touches the rusted doorknob. I don't know what's inside but I'm about to find out. The air around me seems colder.I turn the handle and step inside. My scream echos on the cathedral ceilings and everything turns black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!