Deadly Voice

DEADLY VOICE
In the dead of night, I am alone in a pitch dark room with a pillow in my arms held tight. Creaking noises come from my bedroom window with the view of a street lit up with one source of light. I get up from my bed and listen to the creaking for a while and think that it’s nothing. I slip back into my bed covers and try to sleep once again. That sound, continues for minutes that turn into hours. I decide to turn my light on and search for the sound.
As I turn on the light, I start to hear a different sound. It sounded like someone quietly whispering into my ear. It sounded like someone was yelling for help. I could feel its breath going down my ear as if it was real. Every minute I stood there, the voice grew louder and louder until I couldn’t stand it anymore. I took my brown furry coat and walked out of my bedroom afraid.
I was scared that this person or thing would haunt me every single second of my life, until the right moment struck. I walked out of my apartment feeling dizzy and nauseas from thinking. I walked down the stairs feeling like I was going fall after step after step. I reached the bottom of the building exiting through the entrance door catching my breath. “Shhhhhhhhh” the sound told me.
It surprised me and gave me a mini heart attack. I did as it told me. I didn’t make a single noise. I didn’t know where to go so I just kept walking on the cracked concrete footpath. “Alonza Balma” the whisper said.
At first I didn’t understand, but after a while I knew what she was saying. I began to run as hard as I could until I lost all my breath. My heart was pounding like balling balls being hit to the ground. I have finally arrived to my destination. The cemetery.
We all know that this kind of place is scary but I had some guts. I opened the black entrance gate and went inside.
I searched and searched until I would drop dead. Millions of people have lost the ones who they truly loved, and they where layed to their restringing place here. Don’t they deserve a better place than being held in this Graveyard? I looked but had no hope. I decided to leave.
“no, don’t...” the thing whispered devastation in its noiseless voice. “I will have my revenge..... and I will come back.” The voice said its last words.
10 YEARS LATER
Those last words haunted me for my whole life, wondering when she will strike her revenge. I have started a family with 2 kids. Boy and girl. One night I heard the same voice in my ear from many years ago. “REVENGE!” it said.
In the morning, my partner tried to wake me up. No hope. I died in the hands of a voice

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!