Kick

It was cold windy, winter morning as Kane and Mitch were kicking the footy in their backyard anticipating for their biggest game of the year Parky Pigs vs. Chidlow Cougars. After Kane finished breakfast, he decided to go for a run to warm up his body.

When Kane got home he got ready then headed off to the big game. When Kane got to the oval his mum and brother, Mitch was already there to cheer him on in this epic game. When went to his position he felt nervous as he could feel the atmosphere building as the game was about to start. The game had started and parky pigs bombed the ball forward, Kane was running forward head up eyes only for the ball then BAM he collided straight into the goal post. Kane was lying still on the ground he was unconscious.

Kane had just awaken from his deep sleep, but he wasn’t on the oval were he got knocked out he was in a small dark room lying on a bed. He looked out his window, he was not in his home town all he could see was a few trees and a giant stadium, and he was looking around the room until he heard footsteps so he jumped back into his bed. A small slim man entered the room “you have woken up, anyway my name is John” explained the man. “Where am I” demanded Kane.” You’re in Melbourne 2041” explained John. “So you’re telling me that after I got knocked out I travelled through time for 27 years” questioned Kane.Yep you sure did, now get dressed you have a football match in 5 minutes. “I’m not playing for you I just want to be home” shouted Kane. If you play footy I will figure out how to get you home. “Deal” agreed Kane and John.

The game had started and the 100 000 screaming fans were building up a great atmosphere, as the scores were level and the siren sounded to conclude the first quarter. The second quarter had started and Kane felt frustrated as he just wanted to be home. The ball had been kicked near Kane but as bent down to pick up the ball he had collided with the opposition. Kane was unconscious.

When Kane awoke he wasn’t lying on an oval with 100000 screaming fans he was laying on an oval with no one around. Where is everyone thought Kane. As he was about to stand up he saw his mum and brother walk through the gate, as they saw him they came running to him an gave him a huge hug.” We thought you were gone” explained his mum. His mum and brother were overwhelmed that he was back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!