Last Time

Last time I saw it, I was still young, climbing mountains to find the beast. I was using a thermal imaging camera to search the deformed mountain peaks. The beast didn’t show up. Was it cold blooded? I’m still not sure to this day. Then I felt something similar to an earthquake. The mountains rose and started to fold into one another to create a monster so huge my field of vision was filled with it and couldn’t even see its shape anymore. The air started to taste like smoke. It must have been the rock grinding against one another. My hands could only feel the cold hard ground. Then, I could only see blackness.
I woke up in the middle of day, but had no idea where I was or what even happened the night before. This place seemed sort of familiar. I blacked out again and woke up just before morning. My head was ringing and could not move. After about five minutes I began to move my finger. Then it all came back. I got up and drifted around the place. Not surprisingly, I was hungry and found some grubs in a rotting tree stump. Just like Bear Grylls. Bear Grylls, how do I remember this? A beeping sound was sounding at the back of my head. It got louder, Louder, LOUDER. I blacked out, for the last time.
Turns out it was my alarm clock. I woke up in bed at my house. Strangely, I got up and dressed and left for work. It was just a dream. By the next night, I forgot all about it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!