Dragon Fruit Baby

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Dragon fruit Baby
The year is 2000 and Mrs. Berney is being rushed to hospital because she is about to give birth to a beautiful young son.
*
24 Hours later the whole Berney family is looking at a beautiful young baby called Bob but their problem is he is not eating anything they have tried milk, baby food and everything else. So they searched the cupboards for more food until his sister Lily found a Dragon Fruit in the fruit bowl, so her mother mashed the fruit and then gave it to the baby and the strange think is that he liked he didn’t just like it he loved it. That was strange because no one else in the family liked this fruit.
*
After a couple of weeks he was stronger than his father and faster than he is brother Jacob, he also grew claws from his fingers but he could bring them in and out and also had wings that could do the same but they didn’t know this until Lily & Jacob took him for a stroll by the park. When suddenly two of the school bullies jumped out from behind a tree and started to shout mean and hurt full things to Lily & Jacob, they started to cry when Bob got out of his pram and threw the bullies into the pond and then got back into his pram. When they got home they told their parents about what had just happened and they were stunned about how this had happened then they said to them “ are you sure that happened...” but before she could finish Bob had picked up the sofa Mr & Mrs Berney were sitting on, then Lily & Jacob started to clap.
*
When Bob’s birthday came around they were in the park having a party when then they heard the start of a car engine and then saw Mr. Berney’s car driving away. Then BOOM! Bob was out of his chair and running faster than the speed of sound dodging cars & trucks then jumped on top of his dad’s cars and punched throw the roof of the car and jumped in the car. He throw himself on top of the thief and tried to stop to the high speed car. BOOM! The car crashed into a street post and luckily on one was hurt except the thief who had a broken shoulder.
*
Later that night Dragon Fruit Baby was on the news and he was given a medal for honour and bravery. That night he was a proud little baby and then he said “Me Dragon Fruit Baby”. They all started to cheer and gave him their present for him. It was a dragon fruit tree he laughed and smiled and lived happily ever after.
*
Later on in life he was a world champion at weight lifting and also was the fastest man on earth.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!