Saddle It Up

It was March 17th 2014 at 10:00 am. Sarah walked out of the door with the dusty wind blowing in her face. Then Sarah saddled up Bega and rode across the dusty plains. They came upon a stallion. It was grazing on grass. Sarah had an idea, not any ordinary idea but a great one.
The next morning she saddled up Bega and got a lasso and brought it with her. She saw the horse again, then she lassoed the horse and it started bolting. She fell off Bega but still held on to the rope with the horse still bucking.
She accidently let go of the rope. Lucky her father was there to grab the rope. He yelled “Who the heck did this” Sarah was hiding in the long grass. “You are grounded young lady” said father.
“But I didn’t do anything” said Sarah running away and crying.
In the meantime father put the horse in the lunging ring. Sarah looked out of the window. She actually felt proud of herself. No one in history has done this before.
Later that night Sarah brought a bridle and a saddle. She felt horrible that she had to do what she had to do. She did it and got the horse out of the lunging ring and galloped away.
She rode away in a flash. With the wind blowing in her face. People still say that Sarah is still riding the horse across the dusty plains.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!